Monday, March 12, 2018

Campsite Sewing : :

Capsite QAYG Blocks

Have you seen Art Gallery Fabric's Campsite Capsules collection?

At first site, I had to have it! Foxes, feathers, wildflowers, stars and so many more adorable motifs create this ten piece collection that is perfect if you love woodland themed prints just as much as I do!

Campsite Fabrics by AGF

Oh yes, and a print full of canning jars that keep sparkly metallic sprinkled fireflies captive! So much cuteness!

Campsite Bag Making

For my first Campsite project I decided on a set of zipper pouch bags that I plan to sell with a handcrafted journal and rustic twig pencil. I think it will make a really cute gift for any camp-loving kiddos, like my own three kids!

My bag fronts began with fussy cut Sneaky Little Foxes and from there I added patches and strips of each camp inspired print!

Campsite WIP

For the reverse side, I fussy cut a single Fireflies Glow jar for each piece and made quick quilt as you go style log cabin blocks. The Campfire Sweets toasted marshmallow print makes for a super cute stripe!

Campsite Fussy Cut

Laying together both styles of qayg blocks that I made for these bag fronts and backs, I could see either pattern making super cute baby or children quilts!

Campsite WIP 2

Campsite Log Cabins

I'm hoping to finish up these bag sets to share later on this week! How about you, what are you working on this week?

xo Maureen

9 comments:

  1. I love all your projects Maureen! You are one artistic woman Dear! Keep up,the great work. You are going to be even more successful than you already are! 👍🏻😘🌻

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet! I've been getting much more sewing in now that I have a studio out of my home. I've been wonderfully productive these past few months! Can you believe I have dozens of finishes that I haven't even shared yet?!!

      Delete
  2. I am working through my WIP pile - and put a moratorium on new projects 😎 I love the mason jar with fireflies print in this line !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty spoiled with fabrics from Art Gallery and I can't keep up with all the amazing collections they keep sending me! I had to sew with this one right away, it has so many of my favorite things!

      Delete
  3. OH! beautiful fabrics. I love the pieces you made here. Just wonderful.
    I love the animals and the jars. beautiful colors
    You are so inspiring Maureen! Everything you make, makes me happy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute fabric line! Love the way you put the fabrics together for the zipper bags. This week I hope, hope, hope, to finish some potholders that have been on my sewing table much too long. Then I want to make some placemats for me with some fabric that has been languishing on my shelf for much too long. Thanks for sharing such a cute project! Nadine W. N. Cali

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a great vision of what to do with fabric. This is really neat and colorful.
    I'm trying to get some baby gifts done, and also sewing for my great grand's first birthday coming in April.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

If you are a no reply or an anonymous commenter, I will be sure to respond to your comment right here - so please do check back!